Exclusive to Via Capitale, this protection is offered free of charge to buyers by participating brokers. Ask your broker or check out their page on our website.
Homebuyer protection covers the buyer by paying the costs of repairs following a malfunction or sudden breakdown in the appliances, and the plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
- The protection takes effect on the signature date of the notarized deed of sale and applies for a 12-month period.
- The appliances, systems and equipment located within the perimeter of the main building and annexed heated garage and the heat pump, even it if is located outside of the said perimeter, are covered by this protection up to a maximum of $1,000 per claim.
- A deductible of $100 per claim applies.
This protection also provides access to a free legal assistance service.
*Certain terms and conditions apply.
- The buyer must have acquired the property through a Via Capitale real estate broker participating in the Homebuyer Protection program.
- Building with a maximum of 4 units, strictly residential, suitable for year-round occupancy, the subject of a sales transaction worth over $75,000.
* New buildings, buildings that are part of a judicial sale, repossessions, as well as buildings that are vacant for more than 90 days are excluded
You move into your new home at the beginning of July in a heatwave. You quickly realize that not only is the wall air conditioning system not providing the cool air you were expecting, but rather it only appears to produce heat. You will be relieved to be able to count on your Via Capitale Homebuyer protection to have a qualified repair person referred to you immediately.
Consultation, claim: One Easy Number - 1 877 491-2433